Expressions of Interest due before C.O.B. Monday 28 May, 2018
Alta-1 College QLD is calling for “Expressions of Interest” from highly motivated and talented Christian educators who are passionate about changing lives one at a time by providing outstanding educational opportunities and pastoral care to “at-risk” and disadvantaged young people in a unique senior classroom context.
About Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College QLD is an independent Christian, co-educational, Special Assistance School of less than 50 students co-located with Destiny Church in Caboolture. The college caters for students between 15 and 19 years of age and provides students a pathway to complete secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe Alta-1 delivers Year 11 and 12 education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the young person encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
The college intentionally works with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
The College was started in Western Australia in 2004 and today Alta-1 College WA provides education and recovery for nearly 600 young people across the state. The WA College is a multi-sited school and nearly all Alta-1 Campuses deliberately utilise the premises of an existing church community.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and talented Christian educator with a heart for at-risk young people. The successful applicant will join a small and vibrant team of educators and support staff.
They will be responsible for delivering a highly engaging learning program to educationally disengaged students. The successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery and development of the Alta-1 curriculum. They will work in conjunction with support staff and the pastoral care team to oversee student well being. The college requires a 0.6FTE educator, however an FTE increase may be negotiated with the successful applicant. This position will report directly to the Principal.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create a classroom environment that educationally disengaged young people love to attend
- Promote and inspire learning among a group of educationally disengaged young people
- Develop a culture in which students experience positive relationships and safety
- Care for the student cohort in a way that reflects the college values
- Differentiate the teaching of the curriculum to ensure that the needs of all individuals are met
- Understand and implement the Alta-1 recovery education model
- Demonstrate a heart for at-risk, disadvantaged and disengaged young people
- Work closely with the College Principal
The applicant should be able to demonstrate in their expression of interest that he or she is:
- A committed follower of Jesus Christ who is actively engaged in a church community
- Passionate about helping disadvantaged young people to improve their lives
- A respected team player experienced in working positively and professionally in a close-knit team
- An innovative and talented educator with a track record in assisting students to achieve excellent educational outcomes
- A teacher registered with the Queensland College of Teachers
Why work for Alta-1 College QLD?
- Be at the forefront of helping to develop and deliver an outstanding alternative education program to educationally disengaged young people (with a college new to the state of QLD)
- Competitive benefits for employees
- Alta-1 College QLD offers salary packaging
- Experience the Alta-1 “family” work environment
If you can see yourself making a life changing difference in the lives of at-risk youth and genuinely believe that you can succeed in this role, then please submit your “Expression of Interest” by e-mail directly to Karen Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information call Matthew Vandepeer on 0431416488
Your “Expression of Interest” should include a current resume, a written pastor’s reference, the names of three referees (two professional, one pastoral) and a one-page covering letter addressing the Requirements.
Expressions of Interest close 4:00pm on Monday 28 May, 2018
Please note that the College reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date.